We are extremely proud of our Arts Award Champion Centre status. As one of just ten Champion Centres in the country, we endeavour to build Arts Award into every project. This helps young people gain qualifications through extra curricular activities whilst making us one of the top three delivery organisations or schools across the country. Arts Award inspires young people to grow their arts and leadership talents: it’s creative, valuable and accessible. Designed to encourage anyone aged up to 25 to grow as artists and arts leaders, Arts Award inspires connectivity and participation in the arts industry, ranging from fashion to digital art, music to events management, and so much more. Please email Marian if your school or child is interested in undertaking an Arts Award with us.
There are five levels of Arts Award:
Children and young people get to:
- Take part in arts activities
- Find out about artists and arts organisations
- Attend and review arts events
- Research careers and opportunities
- Develop their communication skills
- Plan and lead their own projects
- Reflect on their progress as they go along, recording and evidencing their learning
Arts Award measures individual progress and can be adapted to a range of art forms, activities, and timeframes.
Arts Award helps develop skills such as communication, organisation, planning and team working, fosters confidence and self esteem, as well as building art form knowledge and creativity.